Are you eligible to apply?
- Are you a UK-registered charity?
- Are you a national charity or does your organisation meet the geographical criteria set out on the Home page?
- Is your project for general charitable purposes and does it fall within one of the categories below?
- Education, including outdoors, disabled and prisoners’ wellbeing
- The arts
- Medicine/healthcare, including supporting service-users and funding research
- Heritage, conservation and the environment
- Societal and community cohesion.
More about our eligibility criteria.
If you can answer yes to the above questions, please read on. To complete the online application form, click on Apply Now at the bottom of the page.
As part of the application process you will be asked to submit annual accounts, if your charity produces them, or management accounts. You will also be asked to submit a budget to support your application.
Trustees meet twice a year – usually in January and July – but we welcome applications at any time of the year. We distribute approximately £400,000 in grants each year to around 90 UK charities. There are a number of charities with which the Trust has a long-standing relationship, which means that the process is highly competitive. We will let you know the outcome of your application even if it is unsuccessful, usually within a month of our meeting. Due to the volume of applications, we are unable to provide any additional feedback.
Generally, grants are awarded for one year. They are typically unrestricted and range from £5,000 to £10,000. Trustees may make grants of more or less than this at their discretion. Successful applicants will be asked to submit a post-grant report detailing how the grant has been spent and its impact.
Preparing your application
Please click here to download the application questions, so that you can prepare your answers and documents prior to opening the application link below.
You will be able to save and review your application for up to 30 days from the date you first access the form.